Friday, June 29, 2018

Colors Of Love: Gen. 1.17



Waking up next to Syrah the next morning gave me a momentary panic until the previous night’s activities came rushing back. I eased out of bed as quietly as I possibly could and headed across the hall to the bathroom.


A hot shower would help clear my pounding head. That drink was non-alcoholic but whatever herb they said it was derived from managed to have some effect. How could I let myself get so carried away?

Syrah came walking out of the room as I exited the bathroom.
He leaned in to kiss my cheek. “Morning.” He smiled and gave no hints of having the same mild panic I experienced.

“Good morning.”

“Hey, do you mind if I make some coffee?”

I shook my head.

“Great. Also can we stop by my place before we go pick up the girls. Just need a quick change so my sister doesn’t talk too much.”


“Oh. Yes. They are probably giving your sister a fit. They’ve never spent the night away from me.” I pushed passed him in a hurry to get my shoes and call a cab.

Syrah took the phone from me. “It’s okay Dove. They’re fine. Coral text me. They’ve had breakfast and are watching a movie.”

I dropped onto the bed. “I’m sorry. I’m a little frazzled.”

“Because of last night?”

I nodded. “I’ve only ever…one other time. But last night everything felt so intense, I guess I got a little caught up.”


He put his arm around my shoulder and kissed my temple. “I understand. I meant it when I said we could take things slow. I realize we sorta jumped the gun last night, but the going slow still stands.”

***

Things were good between Syrah and I. As promised we moved slower. He’d been promoted at work, and we went out to celebrate. His sister and I were growing close as friends. Life was good until history decided to repeat itself.

I tried to write it off as a stomach bug, or something. Anything other than what I feared. What were the odds? But at test, or three, confirmed all my other signs. On the other side of the bathroom door my twins, my toddler, get into everything and run me ragged twins played with Syrah.


Another baby… I couldn’t handle another one. Then a different fear ran through me. What if Syrah left me? True he played dad to the girls, but he was free and clear to walk away at any point. Would he think I planned this?

I washed my hands and splashed water on my face. I took a slow breath and pushed down the bubbly nausea. No dancing around the issue. I smiled at the sight of my girls dancing and playing. Were they ready for an addition to the family?


Now or never. “Hey, Sy, can I talk to you for a minute.”

He ruffled Iris’ hair before coming over to me. I pulled him into my room and pushed the door to.

“What’s wrong? You still not feeling well?”


“No. Yes… I… I’m pregnant.”

He gave a slow blink as he stared at me. After several long minutes a smile stretched across his face. “I’m going to be a dad!?”


I found myself encompassed in his strong arms. “You’re not mad?”

“Hell no. Why would I be mad?”

“I don’t know. I mean none of this was planned. It’s a huge change to your life.”


“Dove, you and those girls are the best thing to happen to me. I love you. I love them. You’ve made my day.”

He loved me. No one had said those words to me since—no that was the past. “I love you too.” I said the words, but they sounded foreign to my ears.

***A/N: So those two both had wants to woo-hoo. They did it ONCE, not even try for baby and still she ended up pregnant!!! I was not prepared for another baby this soon, but alas we must roll with it.***


Update 18

No comments:

Post a Comment