Monday, September 4, 2017

Colors of Love: Gen. 1.11



I loved life in Oasis Springs. I could spend all day painting without being forced to do other activities. Well other than school, which I did online now. Rosa was sweet and kept me fed. At the rate she was going I’d put on a good fifty pounds. I didn’t care though. She took me shopping with the stipend my parents sent. I wanted to be like her and have more color in my clothing. I wanted to fit in with my new surroundings because it wasn’t just her. I mean there were a few people around that dressed like people did back home, but a lot of them didn’t.

It’s weird to think that getting pregnant was probably the best thing that ever happened to me. If I’d not met Tyrian and gotten pregnant I’d still be a prisoner. I’d still be forced to do what my parents wanted and slowly suffocate to death in an unhappy marriage.


Being a pregnant teenager wasn’t an ideal escape plan, heck it wasn’t even a plan, but I was free. Free from my parents and free from a life with Cotton.

My heart ached thinking about Tyrian, but how could I not. I was growing our child. Even if he said he didn’t love me, I couldn’t shut off my feelings that easily. We’d not spoken since that day at my house. He didn’t know I was pregnant and I planned to keep it that way.


Candy kept in contact. She said there were all sorts of rumors going around school as to why I really left. The biggest one being I had some sort of mental breakdown. I had been surprised when she said Tyrian had asked about me.

 I’d even gotten a few texts from Yuki. She apologized for sleeping with Cotton. It was nice of her to do, but I didn’t hold it against her. I just didn’t care about Cotton enough to worry about who he was with, I simply was happy it wasn’t me. She did say things were over with them and he wasn’t happy about it. She broke it off after seeing him finally the way I did.


My parents, mostly Mother, called about once every two weeks. She was busy working discretely with an agency to arrange for a private adoption. I’d canceled every appointment she set up. The last call was the worst. She’d been so angry with me after the last cancellation.


Her harsh words brought me to tears. Not that it took a lot to make me cry these days, but still it hurt. It was my birthday and all Mother could do was talk about how disappointed she was. She’d never even wished me happy birthday.

“Why so down sweetie? It is your birthday, you should be happy.”

“Mother.”

                
“Ah. Angel she’s always wanted life on her terms.”

“Which means I’m not allowed to have life on mine? I’m sorry Rosa I know you wanted to take me out today, but I’m not in the mood to celebrate.”

“I understand.”

She made me a cake and we celebrated quietly at home.

Update 12

4 comments:

  1. I still think Rosa is Angel's mother. I also think that Dove doesn't want to give the baby up for adoption which is why she keeps cancelling the appointments. Her mother is not going to like that and she is going to try and force her to keep the baby.

    I don't know but I'm starting to worry about Cotton. I think she better stay far away from him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She could be. (and I hang my head in shame at the uber delay in answering this). You are right about that. Now that she's away from her parents, she's trying to take control of her life.

      Cotton is a wild card!

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  2. Ugh, even so far away she can't get away from her parent's emotional abuse. I know she's still a minor, until now, and they're her parents, but geez! Do they not see what they're doing to her?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. Her mother is not so easily derailed from her plans. Dove is doing all she can to stall until she turns 18. They've been blind.

      thanks for reading

      Delete