Saturday, March 17, 2018

Colors of Love: Gen. 1.12




The final months of my pregnancy were hard. My back ached constantly. I still had four weeks to go, but I couldn’t wait. Rosa kept a close eye on me and every ache and pain she mistook for labor.


After my birthday, Mother was beyond angry when I told her finally that I would not be returning. She threatened to cut me off and never speak to me again. It was my father that surprised me by taking over the conversation by telling me he understood my decision. I promised him to keep a low profile and even offered to use Rosa’s last name if it’d help, but he told me no.


Rosa had completely supported my decision for independence. She’d told me I reminded her of herself when she was younger. A caged bird waiting to get out. I tried to inquire more, but she completely changed the subject like she often did when I’d ask about her relationship with my Mother.


My days were spent painting, and of course eating. Rosa loved to cook so I picked up a few lessons from her. I wanted to make sure I pulled my weight. I sold a few of my paintings to help with bills since Mother had stopped sending money. Rosa assured me it wasn’t necessary, that we’d be fine. I didn’t know how, she didn’t work so where was the money coming from? Another question she side stepped.


As my due date approached, I thought about Tyrian more and more. Each time I felt moment part of me wanted to reach out to him, but I refrained. I would do this, on my own, with Rosa. We’d be okay. I hoped.

“Rosa!”


Update 13

4 comments:

  1. Ugh! Her mother is infuriating! The saddest part of it all is that Dove is probably better off this way. I still think Rosa is her grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah she is. Angel had a plan and did not take kindly to that plan being changed. It kills her that Dove is an adult and she can no longer control her.

      All will be revealed.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  2. I agree with PG, I think Rosa is her grandmother too. Or at least someone with a close tie to the family. I hope everything goes well with the birth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SSSUUUPPPPEEERRRR late with replies. I'm ashamed. LOL There is more to Rosa for sure.

      thanks for reading.

      Delete