Sunday, May 20, 2018

One Woman Show: Update 22




Every time something breaks down in the house I think about moving.
But then I look around at the memories I've made here and think this is my home, and I remain.


I still keep busy with working out as well as seeing if I can develop a green thumb.



Not to mention I'm getting pretty decent at this computer thing.


I do go out and interact with others. As much as I hate the idea of getting close to people only to lose them, I also can't live life as some sort of hermit for the rest of this challenge.



Woodworking/inventing. Part of the new goal in life. Considering how much stuff breaks, my handiness is pretty high so hopefully this will be a breeze.


Not bad for a first try.


Debra stopped by to talk about how both her sons got eloped without giving her any notice. I kept to myself the gentle reminder of how she came into the family the very same way. It's just how it works in this world.


And in a bigger issue, she told me that Rodgiro had gotten a woman, not his wife, pregnant.

 
We have been spending more time together. With the twins busy adults, and Hayes gone, we are a connection to all that we've lost.


Things at work were stressful for a while. My team weren't on the same level of dedication as I was and that unfortunately put us behind.


I hated to give that report to the investors, but in the end they were disappointed and understood.


My bosses were pleased and I earned a promotion. No more team projects for me.


After my latest promotion, one of my co-workers surprised me by asking me out to celebrate. I'm not looking for another relationship anytime soon, but I do have the urge for companionship from time to time.


We had a nice enough time. The food was great, the company...he talked about himself a lot, but it wasn't the worst. Though I'm not certain I'd want a second date.




**Anahi has maxed out another skill.



And she's moving right along with this new aspiration.


2 comments:

  1. Everytime I look at your pictures from this story I have to remind myself which house you're in. The renovations look so great! It's a totally different place.

    Wow! I wonder what Rodrigo's wife is going to do!

    I'm sure she is still very sad but I am glad she's not going to be a hermit. and she has her DIL to keep her company. For now :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! With it being just her, she didn't need a super place and I like having a more manageable sized house.

      No clue on his wife! Having the story progression does keep things interesting just like in S3.

      Yes, she tries to get out of the house. She is sad, but can't shut herself up in the her house. So keeping in touch with family and everything helps.

      thanks for reading

      Delete