Monday, May 14, 2018

One Woman Show: Update 21


It was hard to see my son older than me. I tried not to think about it, about the limited time we had left and decided to make the most of it.

We still worked out together, though he did more of the coaching these days.


Some times we'd watch the clouds like we'd done when he was a boy. No matter what the activity was, we just enjoyed the time together.


When he expressed relief over knowing I'd be around to look after his boys when he was no longer here, it took all I had to not break down into tears.


And then it happened. Hayes had come to take me to lunch...I'd lost my only child.



The loneliness I'd experienced after Darnell hit me even harder.


They say grief can make you do strange things, and they would be right. The man I'd met at the bar, I hadn't even remembered giving him my number, but he called wanting to hang out.


Maybe I wanted to feel a connection to someone again. To feel alive and not alone in this world.



Only afterwards guilt joined my grief. I spent a few days on my own, trying to reconcile my behaviors. Debra stopped by and we offered each other support
.

After that I focused on the one thing that always brought me peace, pushing my body to its limit.


When that wasn't enough, I doubled down on my purpose for being here. I threw myself into my job and it paid off, I earned another promotion. And I had a choice to make. Where did I want my career to go? I wasn't much into the gaming aspect of the business. I mean I'd dabbled, but really it wasn't my interest.

After picking up a few odd jobs here and there, I realized I rather do things a little more on my terms.



On top of a new job, I'd also gained not one, but two new granddaughter-in-laws.


My son may be gone, but his legacy would live on through them.

**Anahi is moving right along in her job this time. And she's completed her aspiration.



A roll of the randomizer got her this which I thought was funny.


And an update on her current set of skills and traits.



4 comments:

  1. Poor Anahi but we knew this was inevitable. I don't blame her for seeking comfort anyway she can. She is doing pretty damn good with the challenge and I never realized how highly skilled these Iron Women are going to be. Impressive skills :)

    Oh those two women her grandchildren married looked mean in those pictures. I think its their eyebrows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was. :( Poor woman has lost two important people in her life. Yes, crazy how the skills and traits are climbing. I can't wait to see where she is at the end of all this.

      hahaha they are mean looking and both are old I think. The marriages won't last long.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  2. Aww Poor Anahi. What a loss. I hope she stays close to her grand children and gets along with their new wive... even if they both loook like elders..

    Congras on her achievements though. Good thing she can throw herself into her work and exercise to cope

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was hard. She does keep in contact with the grandchildren. LOL yup, both boys married elders.

      Crazy how much she's getting done with the achievements.

      thanks for reading

      Delete