Tuesday, April 18, 2017

One Woman Show: Update 14




My training business is going well. I guess I can't really call it a business since I don't get paid for it, but it does help in my actual job so it works all the same.


I still do the majority of the cooking in the house. I like being able to choose healthier options and Darnell is one of those people that burns water, so yeah, it's safer if I cook.


He has no problem doing the cleaning afterwards though. Even distribution of the labor.
After lunch it was time for Darnell's training session.


It did not go well. Not sure what was up, but he called it quits after that tumble.


Hayes called me and he was very upset and asked if he could come over.


Soon as she showed up he pulled me into a hug. His father had died. The two had grown closer since Hayes was living with him and Nina now. He said she had hoped Marcus would have hung on to meet their child, but sadly that wasn't the case.



I told Darnell what happened and he wanted to make sure I was okay. Marcus and I had drifted apart over time, but he was still my son's father so I was hurt for him.


Marcus' death made me appreciate life more. I wanted to get the most out of the time I had with Darnell and Hayes knowing they both would leave me one day. Having this extended youth is great until you think about all the people you'll out live while on this mission.



When the thought of losing my son and husband got to be too much, the punching bag took the brunt of my frustrations.


Darnell was always there to remind me that the now is what was most important.


Because I was doing so well at work, and had saved up I figure it was time to start remodeling our little house. We started with the master bedroom.

Before


After



The kitchen would be the next room we tackled. So tired of this dang sink breaking.


Goal or no goal, date night was still something we did weekly. And I was giving more serious consideration to Darnell’s want to have a child.



**So no career update this time. This bodybuilder job is a beast to move up in. She does all her daily requirements which are a pain! That training of the sims, it doesn't work on every one so I spend a lot of time waiting for someone to show up at the gym that she can train. That's why poor Darnell gets used so much. Anahi did roll the whim to have a child, but yeah…still not ready for another baby. She can thank how hard it is to move up in this job for that.


And I guess Nina wasn't too broken up over Marcus' death. I got this pop up the very next day.**

5 comments:

  1. Losing family is going to be hard but Darnell is right when he told her to worry about more important things. Anahi needs to enjoy her time with both Darnell and Hayes instead of worrying about the inevitable.

    The house looks great! You are doing a wonderful job on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it will be. She has a purpose in life and has been given extended youth until she hits it. Those not taking on the challenge don't get the same gift so she'll have to deal with losing them eventually. Darnell is sure to keep her sights on the positive. :)

      Thanks. Just trying to update it as she gets the money.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  2. Glad you like the room. I don't want to move her yet so I'm slowly making over her little house as she gets the funds. It'll be sad when it's time to upgrade to something bigger, but hopefully I have some time. It's been a long time since I played a sim without using money cheats so waiting on her bank account to grow has been a struggle.

    thanks for reading

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sad to hear about Marcus. Isn't Nina still pregnant? and already married again?? wowza

    The new bedroom looks really nice! I can't wait to see what you do with the rest of the place

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Nina is still pregnant and got married super quick. I guess she already had a man on the side.

      Thanks. Figured now that she has some funds it's time to start updating the place.

      thanks for reading

      Delete