Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Colors of Love: Gen. 1.4



Operation track down Tyrian was a success. His mom was a little surprised when I tracked her down, but she was happy to know that he’d made a friend already. The move here had been hard on him.

We started meeting up at the Country Club. Luckily Mother didn’t question me too much when I said I wanted to go there. I’d never lied to my parents like this before, but the sense of freedom I experienced made it worth it. Plus the company wasn’t too bad either.



For the remaining weeks of summer, Tyrian and I spent as much time together as I could without causing suspicion with mom. I felt guilty somewhat, especially using Candy as a cover at times. It was wrong. It was risky. But my time spent with Tyrian was the highlight of my days. It brought me as much peace as painting did. It made everything else bearable.

“Good morning Mother.”


“Good morning. You’re in a good mood today. In fact your mood has improved a lot over the last few weeks.”

I just smiled and kept eating my breakfast.

“I knew things would work out once you stopped overreacting. Cotton is a good boy and look how happy he’s making you.”


I suppressed the retort, forcing a smile instead. Cotton. I’d not talked to him since the night of the bonfire. He’d made no attempt to reach out to me and I certainly wasn’t going to call him. I’m sure Yuki was keeping him company anyway.


Later that day I met up with Tyrian again. It’d been a few days since I’d gotten to see him. Mother thought I was back to school shopping with Candy and Yuki at the mall.

Soon as I laid eyes on him, I gave him a big hug. “I’ve missed you!”

“Missed you too, Beautiful.”

My heart fluttered and my stomach did flips each time he called me that. Time with him was night and day to the time I was forced to spend with Cotton. Tyrian never ran out of compliments for me.
He took my hand and led me out to the gardens. They had become ‘our spot’ since most times the other members stayed indoors.


“So what’s wrong?”

“What’s always wrong?”

“You’re mom?”

I nodded.

“Turn around.”


I did as he said and let out a sigh when he started massaging my shoulders.

“You have to stop letting her get to you. How much control can she keep once you turn eighteen?”

“You’ve not met my mother.” I turned back to face him.


His fingers went to my chin. “No, but I’ve met you. You can be determined when you want. Look at how you've found a way to get around her rules to see me. Not to mention you have real talent that you should be free to explore. Seriously Dove, your paintings are beautiful. Not as beautiful as you though.”

Before I knew what was happening, his lips were on mine. I’d dreamed about this moment and now it was happening. His lips were perfect, better than I had imagined. My first kiss. My first REAL kiss. Cotton had tried once, but was stiff and awkward. No kissing Tyrian was light years better. He seemed to be a natural, not that I had much experience, but it just felt...right. Perfect.


When he pulled away, Tyrian smiled. I blushed.

He brushed his knuckles across my cheeks. “Dove, I know that you’re in this arranged relationship with Cotton, but I like you. Really like you.”


“I like you too.”

“So maybe we can figure out a way we can be in a real relationship.”

“I’d like that.”

He gave me that adorable smile before kissing me again.

Update 5

4 comments:

  1. Her mother really left her no choice in the matter even though she didn't want to lie. She didn't want to be with that jerk Cotton and Tyrian and Dove make such the perfect couple. Her mother is going to have to understand that Dove needs to live her own life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. Her mother wasn't going to allow her to see Tyrian so she figured out a way. Only person that wants to be with Cotton is Yuki and he's using her since Dove won't 'put out'. Her mother only knows what she wants and that's to maintain the life she has. She never figured Dove would want anything other than what she's told.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  2. Awww yay! They're so sweet together. Dove totally deserves someone that appreciates her. I bet it feels like a whole different world being with him

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes young love at it's finest. He's a sweet guy and sees her for her unlike those around her.

      thanks for reading

      Delete