Saturday, May 27, 2017

House of Rubin: Gen.1 Update 1

So this is my attempt at a legacy in S4. So Welcome to The House of Rubin.

Generation one's theme will be we started from the bottom, because you know they are starting with nothing. And I want to give each gen a theme, something I thought about too late with my Going Solo legacy.

Let's get on with it shall we.


Our wonderful founders: Hayes Rubin born in my One Woman Show game and his lovely wife Jazmine (Duncan) Rubin who was made by my friend Piazzagirl1015.

They are now the proud owner of a plot of land in Newcrest.


And this lovely (overly priced) statue as stated by the rules of the gameplay. Because let's make this harder by having them waste much needed funds on this thing that's ugly and pricey. I'm trying to stick to the rules, but really?!?!? Anyway they have it.


After building a small set of walls to give them a bathroom at least, they are down to $651. Times are tough so they need jobs.

Jazmine's is based off the aspiration she came with.


Hayes is because I've been wanting to play one of the careers from GTW so now is the time to try it out. In hindsight I should have gone doctor instead, but oh well.


No time like the present to start working on their aspirations. Hayes' is a little easier since it's the soulmate one. Off to the park for a date.




That was easy enough! One down, two more to go.


Hayes is a cop now, he's sure logic skills will be important.


Can't let Hayes be the only one benefiting from this time. No kitchen at home, but Jazmine grills ups some (overpriced) hotdogs for them to eat.


Back home they can't even sleep together. Poor kids. Hope they earn enough for a bed soon.


Next morning they are off to the local pub. Dance machine Hayes is shaking his groove thing while Jazmine orders the cheapest thing on the menu.



She gets to know a few people while enjoying her pretzels.


She's off to her first day of work. Meanwhile Hayes works on building up some muscle. Cops need to be in shape.


**side note I reset all their skills down to zero at the start since they are supposed to be brand new sims. Hayes already had some skills from when I played him in the other game**

All that working out tired him. He's sleeping behind the pub.


He wakes up in time to head to his lot to welcome his lovely wife.


And with the money she earned I bought them a nice, cheap used bed. Let's hope the mattress is at least new. LOL


Jazmine rolled the whim to break it in so to speak, she wanted to woo-hoo with Hayes.


I think she's pleased! LOL


They need to earn money and after watching Piazzagirl play her Drifter Challenge, I started sending them out to look for things to sell.




Geekathon started and even though Hayes doesn't have much in the way of skills, he entered into the contest in hopes of earning some prize money.


After it was over, he went to join his wife. These two are proving all you need is love. They are always flirting.


Sadly Hayes didn't earn any money.
Which is a problem because....



yeah she's pregnant. First time they get busy. Not even try for baby, just good ol' fashion woo-hoo. Talk about a kink in my plans! I was going to wait until much MUCH later before starting on gen. 2. Curse you Hayes with your super sperm!!!

Anyway off she goes (on her own) to tell him the good news.


Jazmine: Guess what?
Hayes: What?
Jazmine: I'm pregnant!
Hayes: What? Are you serious?


Jazmine: Yeah...aren't you happy?
Hayes: Yes! Of course. I'm gonna be a dad!


He really did start cheering.
Later they both have what the hell faces thinking about their new addition.



Hayes is off to his first day of work finally.





It was funny, he got an uncomfortable moodlet after frisking the guy. He doesn't like touching the criminals I guess.

We'll end with this. Jazmine got a promotion which included those counters and the bonus money went to the used appliances.



Their current household funds are $1,448. I can't build so I've been scoping out cheap houses in the gallery. They need at least $10K to afford the cheapest shell I've found. They have a ways to go.

5 comments:

  1. What an adorable couple! Best of luck on raising more money. I do hope they get a bit more shelter. I bet the baby will be beautiful. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks. The raising money has been a real struggle. I've not played like this in a long time. Buying a starter home is one thing, but this vacant lot, build yourself thing, is a whole other deal. At least I can download from the gallery as part of the rules. Next update the baby should be born.

      thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  2. What a nice start to this challenge. I love the clothes you chose for Jasmine, she looks great in them.

    All legacy founders suffer from these humble beginnings which is what they are doing now. In Sims 4 it is harder to make money but I'm sure they will have a head over their roof soon enough which is good considering there is a little one on the way. Congrats on the baby. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I can't take credit for the clothes. That dress she's in is what she's wearing in the gallery. I did add but she's not cycling through her outfits for some reason. :(

      Yep, humble beginnings indeed. It is hard to make money and I'm terrible at building. Will have to wait until they have money earned to download house from the gallery. LOL Thanks, I was not ready for babies yet, I wanted to wait until they earned more money and had a structure before trying. They had other ideas. LOL

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  3. I love starting from nothing! It's esp challenging in 4 (way too easy to be filthy rich in 3)

    Congrats on the baby, good thing the hospital provides free bassinets ;-)

    I love that you're giving Hayes his own challenge...even if it's not with Debra... haha

    ReplyDelete