Tuesday, May 16, 2017

One Woman Show: Update 16


Darnell was still a romantic. He took every opportunity to show his affections towards me.

The sink in the bathroom broke again which prompted me to remodel the bathroom. Was able to give us a double vanity and upgraded our shower and toilet.


On my day off, We decided it was time to go visit my son and new daughter-in-law.


She was a lovely young woman.


I'd not seen Hayes so happy, he was definitely out of his depression over his father's death.


We had a lovely time talking and I found Debra to be very pleasant. The marriage was a surprise, but my son picked well.


Back to the grind. I enjoyed helping others achieve physical fitness.


A new restaurant opened in town and Darnell insisted on taking me out to dinner.


We had a lovely time. The food was excellent and the company...



Well, no complaints on that ever.


A few weeks later Hayes showed up for a visit and a surprise.


I guess they both were too scared to tell me the news when we visited and I guess I know now why the quickie marriage. Regardless I was happy about the news. I was going to be a grandmother.



Time to add Debra to the official family wall.




With all the good news, there was some worry about my loving husband. Darnell started sleeping a lot and often complained of headaches.



He did his best to reassure me it was nothing, but the worry remained. He wasn't getting any younger, and no matter how much I prepared to lose people, I wasn't ready to let him go.


My grandbaby is in there. And they are an active little bugger. Just moving and kicking, made me think back to being pregnant with Hayes and reconsidering having a child with Darnell.


The more time I spent with Debra the happier I was to have her be part of the family. She and Hayes may not have known each other long before this all happened, but they made each other happy.


A couple of days later, Hayes called to say Debra had gone into labor. She had twins! Two adorable little boys. Born with that same pale skin Hayes was born with. They named them Gael and Rodrigo. Instant love.



Darnell suggested we do a little more work on the house so next up was the living room and kitchen. Took down the wall separating the two spaces really opened up the small space.



Work I still enjoyed. Even if I had to put up with the occasional jerk.


But I made quick work of showing him that just because I was a woman didn't mean he could best me.


That show of strength as well as the fact that I could hold my own against any sort of attitude really impressed my bosses.



***With that last promotion Anahi is now level 9. Just one more to go before she completed this career!!!***

Also you probably noticed that Debra changed in the update, well that's because as soon as I saw her I knew she needed a make over. That uni-brow had to go!


6 comments:

  1. OMG that unibrow definitely had to go! Congrats to Anahi on her promotion. Just one more and she is finished with that long career. I am definitely not looking forward to that career.

    I love the family photo wall that you have going. I think I'm going to steal that idea and have Alexis do the same especially since she is on a family one now. I can't wait to see the twins age up. I bet they are going to be some cute toddlers.

    Darnell with the headaches :( I'm not looking forward to that day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yes didn't it?!?!? Debra's whole look changed with the removal of the unibrow. I'm so glad Anahi is close to finishing up that career. It's taken forever. I know it was delayed when she got pregnant, but even after going back to work moving up has been hard. :(

      Feel free to steal away. It happened as a fluke. Started with her and Marcus then had to add Hayes when he was born and it snowballed from there. It's nice to have now and once the twins age up, they'll get added as well. :) Well Debra had them before the toddler patch so they went from pod to child.

      Me either. :( He actually kept getting moodlets that said headachy and he'd want to sleep it off.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
    2. I've never seen those headachy moodlets before. I'm going to have to look for them on adults and elders. I know sometimes tea cures them I wonder if there is a tea for that.

      Delete
    3. Sent you an email with the pic of the moodlet. I don't recall him asking for tea only to sleep it off which he spent a lot of time doing. :(

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the promotion and grandbabies! How exciting

    He really had a headache moodlet? interesting. I tend to ignore my sims' symptoms when they done feel well. Going to pay more attn to it now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Yep he really did. I'd never seen it before. But they popped up and he spent a lot of time sleeping it off. I worked it into the story since he is aging.

      thanks for reading

      Delete