Friday, June 16, 2017

One Woman Show: Update 19



I was spending as much time as I could with Darnell. I made his favorite meals, which according to him was anything I cooked.

 The romance between us was still very much alive. Although too much activity wasn't advised for him.



Hayes even stopped by more often these days to spend time with us.



As did Debra.


And then the day came. Darnell went out to check the mail...



I wasn't ready. No matter how much I told myself I was, I'd lied. There was nothing we could do. Heart attack. He was gone before we even got outside.


Once the arrangements were made I spent the rest of the day in bed.


The house wasn't the same without him.



The family came over to keep me company, but even working out didn't fill the hole.


Hugs from my grandbabies did bring a smile to my face.



But only for so long. The bed felt too big without my soulmate.


I threw myself into work to help keep my mind off the loneliness. Although some of my co-workers were a little too dedicated at times, I made it through.




Each day got a little bit better. And my new found focus paid off with not one, not two, but 3 promotions.




The boys had their birthdays and aged up into handsome young men.



Time with family has become the most important thing to me. I realize I have a purpose in life, one that hadn't planned for the surprise of Hayes, but I'm happy with how things have worked out. My life is much richer for those that have come into it.


Of course I had to add to the family wall.




So this job is turning out to be way quicker to give promotions than the last one. Hope that keeps up. She's currently level 5 so halfway there.

She's also moving right along with her aspiration.


She's also turning into a hacker, a quick way to earn money.




This update was mostly sad, sorry about that. Anahi did plead for Darnell's life, but the Grim Reaper wasn't having it. :( She spent a lot of time crying it out.



4 comments:

  1. I knew that would happen in this update. RIP Darnell we are going to miss him.

    I really had a laugh at that opportunity from her job because it gave me a real life flashback. A trucker came into our office smelling really bad and my boss didn't care he sprayed Lysol right in front of him.

    I'm so glad that this aspiration and career is going fast for you as the last one took some time. Before you know it Anahi will be onto the next one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, sadly his time was coming to an end. Anahi took it hard for sure. :(

      LOL oh wow. That's bad. But I understand, I don't do well with smells so it would bother me too. Not sure I'd spray Lysol directly in front of a person like that but I get it.

      You and me both. Man that athletic one took forever, glad this one seems to move along faster.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  2. oh no! we knew it was coming but poor Anahi

    At least her grief if pushing her through this career?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes sadly Darnell's days were numbered. Anahi tried to save him, but it didn't work.

      She has thrown herself into her work as a result.

      thanks for reading

      Delete