Wednesday, June 7, 2017

One Woman Show: Update 18


Work was going well. I enjoyed the side job as a personal trainer, but it kept me busy.

Darnell was always eager to let me know how much he'd missed me when I got home.


It wasn't all work. Some days the boys would call me up to hang out. I never turned them down.




I'd been working so hard and had plenty of vacation days stored up I decided to take a week off. At first I wanted it to be just me and Darnell but he insisted we bring the whole family along. It was a great idea.


What better way to unwind and focus on what was important in life than renting out a cabin in the woods.


The boys really enjoyed it. Even without all the electronics they were used to, they never complained of being bored.



Got to spend more quality time with my daughter in-law.



And of course Darnell and I found some alone time.




This is really what life is all about.

My bosses were really excited to have me back. The same day I returned to work they promoted me.



Finally! I'd made it. Hit the top of the career. One down, many more to go.

I discussed it with Darnell after dinner one night. I loved getting fit and helping others do the same, but I knew I had to move on. In hindsight I probably should have worked a little longer after getting the promotion, the pay was nice, but instead I was starting over again.



New job, new look.


I wanted something different from my last gig so instead of working out and being active, I was going to ride a desk. Should be interesting to see how things go.



I was more than shocked to find myself promoted the first day.


One right move and that's all it took. Some of my co-workers weren't as happy, but hey nothing I can do about that.

***Okay so that's it for now. Yes as you saw she finally completed the athletic career! I never thought the day would come. I really should have let her work a few days to get the higher pay but I was so ready for something different. Since her aspiration this time is the computer whiz I thought the tech guru job would be a good match. She's on the right track since she really did get promoted the first day. She's already nearly done with her aspiration.***


I do plan to update her look with each new job, that way it keeps things fresh.
And in other sad news, got this pop up.


4 comments:

  1. So sorry about Darnell. I was afraid that message would come up soon. He will definitely be missed. It was a very good idea for Anahi to schedule that family vacation. This way they could all have some fun with the whole family still together. She is such a sweet Grandma too always ready to meet up with her grandchildren.

    Congrats on completing the Athletic career and I love Anahi's new look. That hairstyle really fits her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah :( his time is coming to an end. He's living life to the fullest though and Anahi is spending as much time with him as she can. The family vacation was fun and I was glad she could invite Hayes and the kids along. She is a sweet grandma and loves to spoil the boys.

      Man I didn't think I'd ever get done with it. So glad to be finished.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  2. What a lovely family vacation, makes me think about how my fam used to rent cabins in Shenandoah valley for family reunions when I was a kid

    Congrats on finally getting to the top of her career. They take SOOOO long! So long!

    Her new look is really nice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She had the time, so she needed to take those vacation days.

      I didn't think she'd ever reach the top of that career. So glad she finally did and we can move on to the next thing.

      Thanks. Figured she needed an update with each job.

      thanks for reading

      Delete